When it comes to shipping and storing, heavy-duty, high-quality pallets and crates are great for a world of requirements, but it can be tricky knowing the necessary shipping container dimensions. At Anderson Pallet & Crate, we use only the most precise, advanced equipment available, and we can help make sure you get just the right shipping container to meet your shipping needs.
Custom pallets and crates are great options for transporting items of any size. We can build them to accommodate any dimension, and our turnaround is quick. All our products are custom-built to your specifications, from small wine boxes to extra large shipping containers. Our main goal: ensuring your product arrives at its destination safely.
Below are some tips for measuring your freight, and determining the needed shipping container dimensions dimensions or pallet size:
Measuring For Your Shipping Container Dimensions
- Measure the length (L), width (W), and height (H) of your item or items in inches. For irregularly shaped objects, measure them as if they’re in a rectangular box as best you can.
- Multiply L x W x H to get the cubic inches of your shipment.
- Divide the total cubic inches by 1,728 (12 x 12 x 12) to get the cubic feet of your shipment.
- Weigh your shipment, and divide the weight by the cubic feet to get the weight to volume ratio.
For pallets, the standard pallet size in the U.S. is 40” by 48”. The height of your pallet shipment should be measured from the bottom to the highest point. When measuring the length of your shipment, be sure to include anything that is hanging off the pallet, too.
Additional Custom Pallet and Crate Options
When placing your order with a pallet and crate company, you’ll also want to think about some additional options:
- Fork access (2-way or 4-way)
- Reusable or single use
- Stackable or not stackable
- Heat-treated or not
If you’re ready to place an order with Anderson Pallet & Crate, you can fill out a form here with your shipping container dimensions and preferences. Or, contact us directly and we’ll go through the process with you. We’ll find you a new or used pallet or crate that will fit your shipping container dimensions, or get one custom-made in the timeframe you need.